domingo, 27 de janeiro de 2008

Another IE Sliding bug, the weirdest (some elements disappear and others not on SlideDown)

While building my application with jQuery I found out this really weird internet explorer bug:
- When applying SlideDown to elements that are relative positioned or that have relative positioned parents, some elements just disappears.

Performing some tests i found out some actions that brings all or at least some elements back:
- Edit ANY container or child elements' css property live with IE Devoloper Toolbar
- Fade effects in any part of the page
- While the slider is sliding up

This is so far the weirdest IE bug I could notice.

Clean HTML can be viewed at http://paste.lymas.com.br//?q=22246

Click to Toggle, when it slides down some elements are going to disappear

This will disappear


This stays

This stays

This will disappear
  • This stays


This Stays

Um comentário:

Unknown disse...

Hi! I am sure glad I found this page. I have been going nuts trying to figure out what was going on with my own application in IE. Same problem. Only in my page, sometimes everything would disappear but sometimes one or two things would randomly not. I'm hoping this gets fixed in the next version of jquery. It's plain old "show 'n hide" for now!